February 19th, 2018
5 things you need to know about this week at Christ Care Ministries:
- All of our high school students resumed classes in January after a well-deserved break in the month of December! With that, Wicklife, CCMI Founder/Director, recovered from his most recent bout of malaria on February 2nd, just in time to attend multiple parent days at various high schools across Kenya. He truly is a father of many! Pray that God may empower him with continued energy amidst his travels.
- This month also kicks off the beginning of our planting season in anticipation of the coming rainy season in March through May. One of our considerations with the upcoming rainy season is the option to harvest rainwater. Please pray with us for this need.
- Wicklife’s sweet three-month old daughter Patricia recently became ill with malaria on February 18th. This is a very vulnerable age to be ill with malaria, so please pray for her speedy recovery.
- National- and county-level officials from the Ministry of Education will be at our Christ Care Academy on February 26th. They will make final recommendations on the standards of our school. Please pray with us that the requirements will few, that they will be within our budgetary means, and that plenty of time is provided to comply.
5. Our recurring need for our 36 orphans is approximately $1,500USD/month. Help us meet the day-to-day basic needs of food, medical care, and elementary education so that we can move toward sustainability. We are looking for additional regular donors who want to partner with us monthly in meeting the basic needs of these children. Please consider joining us today!